Sponsored links

Search in my blog

Custom Search

Friday, October 19, 2012

Phalaenopsis bellina!





Phalaenopsis Bellina, young orchid species, plant just purchased, in pot with bark mix
Phalaenopsis Bellina, young orchid species,
just purchased, in pot with bark mix
(picture of 5 August 2012)
Together with the Phalaenopsis violacea there were also some specimens of Phalaenopsis Bellina, no one had the flower stalk and they had recently undergone serious damage by an evil fungus, maybe Rhizoctonia solani or Phytophthora cactorum. After taking the Phalaenopsis violacea I didn't want to buy other plants, the space inside an apartment is limited, I have another phal. Bellina even if it seems frozen ... But when I looked at them, one in particular has been noted, it came out of the pot, literally!  it fell upside down, the roots that were inside were all completely dehydrated! I could not leave it, so I asked to the boss of the nursery (Orchids & More) if I could get a good price (which is always a bit strange here in Germany, but here I am) SUPER DISCOUNT! Only 8 euro, JACK! Of course the roots ...


Phalaenopsis Bellina orchid, botanical species roots killed by a fungal disease
Phalaenopsis Bellina orchid, botanical species
roots killed by a fungal disease 
(Phytophthora or Pythium)
(picture of 5 August 2012)
are not the best, I had to cut everything under the leaves, But there are already 3 other new roots growing through the higher leaves , to be safe I put it to soak for about an hour in the water with systemic action fungicide  (Azoxystrobin 22.9%, 1 ml diluted in 0.7 l of water). At the end of the bath I put it to upside down to dry for about an hour, to avoid the risk of unwanted stagnation, at the end I placed it in a transparent pot of 8 cm, equal to the previous extent that was black, filled with sphagnum a bit humid (read the details on how to repot a Phalaenopsis in sphagnum). Phalaenopsis bellina and Phalaenopsis violacea are placed together on a tray with wet clay pebbles and placed on a side of the kitchen window that faces east, absolutely never take direct sun but a nice soft light they should like, I hope. I just have to cross my fingers and wait.

Phalaenopsis Bellina, orchid species, in pot with sphagnum-moss, placed on wet expanded clay
Phalaenopsis Bellina, orchid species
repotted in sphagnum-moss,
on wet expanded clay
(picture of 6 August 2012)



Links to information sheets about orchids species: Phalaenopsis Violacea and Phalaenopsis Bellina:

Go to sheets on IOSPE:
Phalaenopsis Violacea - sheet on IOSPE
Phalaenopsis Bellina - sheet on IOSPE


Go to sheets on Lagrelle:
Phalaenopsis Violacea - sheet on Lagrelle
Phalaenopsis Bellina - sheet on Lagrelle


Go to photographic collection on Phals.net:
Phalaenopsis Violacea - sheet on Phals.net
Phalaenopsis Bellina - sheet on Phals.net



No comments:

Post a Comment